On 02/01/2011 04:54 AM, Dave Korn wrote:
On 01/02/2011 02:33, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Hi,

There are ~100 failures on each *-rtems* target
in the latest test runs when various lto related
flags are on.  The symbols in questions are in the
RTEMS libraries which are picked up via the
-B... argument.  Other symbols from the same
library are resolved.
   These have all cropped up since -fuse-linker-plugin became the default.

Ahh. And I am using the heads of binutils, gcc, newlib, gdb, and rtems
so it is getting enabled.
Should LTO work with a target not using gold?
   Yes, it should, but some work is needed at the binutils end.  I am testing
the attached two patches at the moment; the idea is to have fully-debugged
support for LTO+plugin in the 2.20.1 release, to support 4.6.0 when it comes
out.

There are still some rtems targets which need to finish from the
last full build.  But I will try your patches once that is done.

If it is still broken, what do you need gathered up to have a test case?

Thanks.
     cheers,
       DaveK

joel.sherr...@oarcorp.com        On-Line Applications Research
   Support Available             (256) 722-9985