DJ Delorie <d...@redhat.com> writes:

> Except that in this case we want to reverse *only* structures that
> represent peripherals, *not* other structures.

I'm sorry, that just seems frigging ridiculous.

>> If you need type attributes for this beyond a simple macro, then I agree
>> that they should be target independent.
>
> The syntax all the other RX compilers use is:
>
> ... regular structures...
> #pragma bit_order left
> ... peripheral structures...
> #pragma bit_order   /* resets to default */
> ... regular structures...

I still kind of think this should be a target independent type
attribute.  A target hook doesn't seem like the right approach to me.
There is nothing particularly target specific about this concept.  I
don't know to map the target specific pragma to a type attribute, but it
must be possible.

Ian