On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:29:13 -0400
NightStrike <nightstr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cyg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >  True but takes rather a long time on a cygwin host that's already running
> > "make -j8 check"!  So I asked.  Apologies for minor laziness, hope you
> > didn't
> > feel /obligated/ to respond.
>
> [Slightly off-topic]
>
> How did you manage to run make check on cygwin with -j8 without
> getting tons of spurious errors about all kinds of weird things?  I
> can't run anything over -j1 on a 4 core machine.

[more off-topic]

Does anyone know since when (if) running make check with more than one job
has been supported?  IIRC back in the 3.x days it caused issues so we've
been forcing -j1 here forever.  If we could run it in parallel that would be a
big timesaver.

--
fonts, gcc-porting,                  it makes no sense how it makes no sense
toolchain, wxwidgets                           but i'll take it free anytime