"H.J. Lu" <hjl.to...@gmail.com> writes:

> Apparently, there is no GCC maintainer for Linux/x86 platform.  I have
> been working on GCC, as well as binutils and C libraries, for Linux/x86
> over 20 years.  I ported GCC, binutils and the C library to Linux/x86. I
> like to be appointed as maintainer for Linux/x86 platform.

H.J., you're a good developer, but I'm concerned that you commit patches
too quickly without fully considering all the issues.  You are quick to
update your changes as well, but this leads to churn which has its own
problems.  I would be comfortable saying that you should have the
ability to approve other people's patches for Linux/x86 (other people
who don't work closely with you, at any rate), but I'm not entirely
comfortable saying that you should be able to commit your own patches
without review.

Sorry to be blunt.

Ian