On 07/27/2011 06:51 AM, Xinliang David Li wrote:
>  If we could retain most of the speedups when the optimization works well
>  but avoid most of the slowdown in the benchmarks that are currently hurt,
>  we could improve the overall SPEC06 score.  And hopefully, this would
>  also be beneficial to other code.

Agree.  There are certainly problems in the partition pass, as for
bzip2 the icache misses actually go up with partition, which is not
expected. It needs further analysis.

It's probably too aggressive. Icache misses go up because a) the overall size of the executable grows; b) cold parts are probably not cold enough in the case of bzip2.f

Paolo