I'm seeing what appears to be a recent massive performance regression
with trunk's gengtype, as compiled and run in stage 2, on ARM V5TE.

Right now 4.7-20110827's stage2 gengtype has been running for almost
10 hours on my ARM build machine, but the process is tiny and no swapping
occurs.  To put those 10 hours in perspective, on this machine (1.6 GHz
ARM V5TE uniprocessor running Linux) I regularly do full bootstraps and
regression test suite runs for c,c++,ada,fortran in about 18 hours for
gcc 4.4, about 20 hours for gcc 4.5, about 24 hours for gcc 4.6, and
about 27 hours for trunk until recently.  So 10 hours or more just in
stage 2 gengtype is suspicious.

I believe 4.7-20110820 also was unusually slow to build, but I didn't
monitor that build very carefully so can't say if gengtype was involved
then too.

/Mikael