On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 03:57:51PM +0100, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
> I was just confused by the "please report bugs" which gives rise to
> the (incorrect) assumption that the goal is to actually fix these
> bugs -- only if this is possible in a timely manner, of course, and
> won't delay the release.

But we want the bugs (if any) to be reported.  Then we can judge on a case by
case basis how important is it to have the bug fix in the release (as
opposed to e.g. being committed to the branch soon after the release) and
how risky the fix is for the stability of the release (what are the
chances it will break other things).  Some bugfixes (the most urgent
and least risky) can be applied still for the release, other queued
for the branch after the release, others fixed only on the trunk and never
backported, etc.

        Jakub