Le 30 mars 2012 à 11:40, Basile Starynkevitch a écrit :

> Hello
>
> If you want to help me on the makefile issues for the next MELT plugin
> release 0.9.5, please extract the MELT plugin from the svn repository, since
> I am making small changes (which still don't work) since 0.9.5rc1
>
> The procedure to extract the MELT plugin from the MELT brannch is:
>
> Retrieve the MELT branch if you don't have it
>
>   svn co svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/melt-branch gcc-melt
>
> Go into it
>
>   cd gcc-melt
>
> Run the update to be sure to have the latest SVN & to gernerate the REVISION
> etc files
>
>   ./contrib/gcc_update
>
> Run the following script to get the MELT plugin tarball
>
>   ./contrib/make-melt-source-tar.sh $PWD /tmp/meltplugin
>
> You now should have a /tmp/meltplugin.tar.gz which is the MELT plugin
> tarball corresponding to your state of the MELT branch
>
> Regards.
> --
> Basile STARYNKEVITCH         http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/
> email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net mobile: +33 6 8501 2359
> 8, rue de la Faiencerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France
> *** opinions {are only mines, sont seulement les miennes} ***

Hi,

I tried to build the latest melt-branch (not the generated tarball) on a mac.
Here is the few change required to allow the build (note that it builds but as
your
cc/cxx detection still fails, the generated melt-runtime.o and *.so files can't
be
loaded with gcc build with cxx).

I removed the test of _POSIX_C_SOURCE in melt-runtime.c because this
makes no sense to test the availability of the poll function that way : just use
the function, the compiler will find it out by itself if it is really defined.
Moreover,
this kind of test should be in a configure file, not in a source file. On a mac,
_POSIX_C_SOURCE is not defined by default, and defining it lead to errors
while building other parts of GCC.

Romain Geissler