Hello Aldy,
        Thank you for responding. Please see my answers to your questions
embedded below.

        If this is OK with everyone, I will start sending patches to
gcc-patches mailing list soon.

Thanks,

Balaji V. Iyer.

Cilk Plus has been proposed for inclusion in the next C++ standard.

>I can't speak for the rest of the community, but I think items 1-12 are useful
>for
>GCC  (elemental functions, SIMD annotations, and array notations for C/C++),
>regardless of any language extensions.  Perhaps you could provide examples on
>these as a start?

I was planning to provide an example for elemental function, array notations
and SIMD annotations with each patch. Is that good enough?

>Regarding the SIMD annotations, I find the "vector" attribute somewhat
>ambiguous, or prone to confusing users, so perhaps we could come up with a
>better name?

The keyword "vector" is used by the Intel Compiler and we would like them both
to be compatible. Jakub at Cauldron did mention that vector keyword is used in
Power PC and thus can potentially cause some interference. I configured the
Cilk Plus branch for Power PC and I compiled both elemental functions and
PowerPC programs that use the vector keyword. They both seem to work correctly.