On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Perry Smith <pedz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In stage 3, libatomic's configure fails.  The config.log file is here:
> https://gist.github.com/3931504
>
> I've recreated the conftest.c and ran the same command.  The output is fine
> and executes with a 0 status.
>
> The clue (that I can't figure out) is cc1 is a 32 bit program but it tried to
> load the 64 bit version of libstdc++.  I can't figure out why it tried to do
> that and I can't recreate it.
>
> I also added the output of dump -H /usr/work/build/gcc.git/./gcc/cc1 to the
> gist.
>
> Any suggestions?

I do not know why you specifically are experiencing this problem.  We
need to provide a version of libstdc++ for cc1 to use before the
multilib directory.

Do you have a copy of libstdc++.a installed in the same directory as
gmp, mpfr, mpc?  Maybe that occurs earlier in the search path.
Unfortunately all of the libraries have the same name and AIX tries
the first library with the name it finds, regardless of 32/64 mode.

Thanks, David