Sure, the tests are of utmost importance here. By the way, in what
suite should they be?

As for the changes in the compiler itself - what do you think about
introduction of a fake variable, reflecting rounding mode (similar
variables could be introduced for exception flags and other
properties). How difficult would it be to do that (we'll need to add
implicit dependencies from those variables to all FP-operations and
kill their values after each call)?

Thanks, Michael

PS: I'll return to this discussion in two weeks, after my vacations.

--
---
Best regards,