On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 06:53:06AM +0000, Alec Teal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This suggestion is obviously about typdefs and discusses a
> *theoretical* implementation, well a few of them. Anyway please do
> read this though. I'm really sorry for the poor structure, my hands
> are really cold and I'm quite tired.
> I understand that this issue has been discussed A LOT and there are
> ways around the limitation, I suspect what I write is nothing new, I
> don't claim to be the first ever.
>
> Why not:
>
> make an "optional keyword", "hard", have a meaning if before

Make your "hard" an attribute of variables:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Variable-Attributes.html

Write a plugin http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Plugins.html
or a MELT extension (http://gcc-melt.org/ is a domain specific language to
extend GCC)
dealing with that attribute.

This would be a good way to experiment your idea.

Cheers