On Sunday 21 April 2013, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> I'm starting to implement some new library features voted into C++14
> at the Bristol meeting and am wondering what feature check to use.
>
> Will there be a macro like _GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX1Y__ to correspond to
> -std=c++1y?
>
> Alternatively we could set the value of __cplusplus to 201400L but I'm
> not sure that's strictly allowed.

Isn't C++14 only an update of the standard library not the language, and
should that affect how GCC treats it?

If that is the case (I could have missed something). Would it be possible to
include it under C++11 support instead of having to have users update their
GCC switches just to link to a libstdc++ with slightly more features?

Best regards
`Allan