I've made a proposal under the guide of application. Is it detailed
and realistic?

By the way, here is a naive version of my implementation of
lookup_name in regex_traits :
https://gist.github.com/innocentim/5445457

It's not GCC style but will be, if everything else's fine. So, am I in
the right direction?

Thanks!

--
Tim Shen
Completing C++11 regex

* The Project

This proposal aims to implement regex interfaces required by the C++11 standard
as much as the student can.
Besides, I get a clear status
here(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12530406/is-gcc4-7-buggy-about-regular-expressions)
 and here(http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show%5C_bug.cgi?id=53631) :)

* Goal

To finish:

    regex_traits
    format in match_results
    regex_iterator
    regex_token_iterator
    different styles in basic_regex

* Time-line

May 27 - June 30
Read basic regex and regex nfa, try submit small patches, get familiar with GCC
workflow, coding and documenting style

July 1 - July 7
Complete regex traits

July 8 - July 14
Implement format in match results

July 15 - July 21
Implement regex iterator

July 22 - July 28
Implement regex token iterator

July 29 - Aug 31
Implement different styles(basic, extended, awk, grep and egrep)

Sep 1 - Sep 16
Undefined so far. Must have some ideas at that time.

* Details

** regex_traits
Not tough. However on how to implement transform_primary for all platform, I
need to ask in the mail list or ask the mentor.

** Format string, iterators
Shouldn't be tough. This is a deeper practicing.

** Different regex styles
It's the core part. I should already know anything about basic_regex and
regex_nfa(even have made changes, I'm very interested in algorithms of
compiling to NFA/DFAs and executing approaches). Then get to know all flavors
of regular expressions. My experiences of compilers may help.