Il 21/06/2013 16.06, Arjen Markus ha scritto:
Hi Angelo,

well, after a somewhat bumpy start on the Cygwin list, I did get the
information I needed.
It turned out that the directories and files I had created under
Windows had the permission 000 according to Cygwin, but I could still
read the files and enter the
directories, because the Windows permissions allowed it.

However, if the build process _copied_ a file to the work directory,
it inherited the 000
permission and this time it was properly translated to the equivalent
Windows permissions.

(At least, that is my interpretation of what was going on)

I repaired the parent directory's permissions and now the build is continuing.

WoW! Happy build then... :-)

Ciao,
 Angelo.