On Apr 22, 2014, at 12:48 PM, Kenneth Zadeck <zad...@naturalbridge.com> wrote:

>>> While of course one hopes that there will be no issues with wide-int, a
>>> change of this size will have some pain no matter how well we have
>>> tested it.  Having three reviewers will assure problems are resolved
>>> quickly.
>> Works for me.  I suppose this mainly covers wide-int.[CH], right?
> if you want to define it that narrowly you can.   it really depends on how
> much help you want and how much you trust us not to go beyond what is
> reasonable.   All three of us have been at this long enough to know when to
> ask for help.

There is a large class of bugs that can creep in due to the subtle change of
interface from double-int to wide-int.  These happen outside of the
wide-int.[ch] code and seem statistically more likely by a large margin than
bugs in wide-int.[ch].  The good news, resolving them is easy enough with
side-by-side comparisons (say of dump files and .s files).  Most of those fixes
I’d expect to be trivial (for some definition of trivial).