On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Sheheryar Zahoor Qazi
<sheheryar.zahoor.q...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to provide soft-fp support to a an 18-bit soft-core
> processor architecture at my university. But the problem is that
> libgcc has not been cross-compiled for my target architecture and some
> functions are missing so i cannot build libgcc.I believe soft-fp is
> compiled in libgcc so i am usable to invoke soft-fp functions from
> libgcc.
> It is possible for me to provide soft-fp support without using libgcc.
> How should i proceed in defining the functions? Any idea? And does any
> archoitecture provide floating point support withoput using libgcc?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the premise of your question.  It is not
necessary to build libgcc before building libgcc.  That would not make
sense.  If you have a working compiler that is missing some functions
provided by libgcc, that should be sufficient to build libgcc.

Ian