On Thu, 6 Nov 2014, pins...@gmail.com wrote:

> > On Nov 6, 2014, at 11:24 PM, Richard Biener <rguent...@suse.de> wrote:
> >
> >> On November 7, 2014 5:03:19 AM CET, Andrew Pinski <pins...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:

> >> using
> >> if

> >> You do need to check if seq is NULL though as gimple_build depends on
> >> seq not being NULL.  But otherwise yes this works for me.

> >> Yes totally agree.  For my changes to tree-ssa-phiopt, I no longer
> >> embed it.  Though we need to change loop ifconvert still.
> >
> > Istr expansion or code quality does not like us to cse the condition of two
> > cobd_exprs either.  After all I had a patch set at some point doing that
> > conversion (though as well for gimple_conds).
>
> I thought I changed that when I did the expansion of cond_expr into
> conditional move.  We need to something similar for cond_expr of jumps
> too.

Well, SSA coalescing may make simple forwarding of the conditions
impossible (and TER doesn't work for multiple uses anyway).  That said,
the most "interesting" issues for cond_exprs of jumps was PRE
eliminating partial redundant conditions (thus it noted jump threading
opportunities without actually performing the block duplication).
Generated code for such PREd conditions was ... "interesting" :/

Richard.