On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 23:24 +0100, Kevin Ingwersen (Ingwie Phoenix)
wrote:
> > Am 30.01.2015 um 22:39 schrieb DJ Delorie <d...@redhat.com>:
> >

> > pins...@gmail.com writes:
> >> No because they are c++ code so capital C is correct.
> >
> > However, we should avoid relying on case-sensitive file systems
> > (Windows) and use .cc or .cxx for C++ files ("+" is not a valid file
> > name character on Windows, so we can't use .c++).
>
> Appleā€™s HFS is, on a default OS X install, case insensitive. But .c++
> is valid. .cxx sounds pretty straight forward to me, since people also
> use the $CXX variable.

FWIW this bit the gcc-python-plugin when someone tried to build it on OS
X: I had a "foo.c" and a "foo.C" in the same directory, with different
content (can't remember the actual names, I think they were one of my
test cases).

IIRC this confused *git* on OS X no end (only one file could exist in
the working copy at once), until I fixed it by renaming the .C file
to .cc.

This error (albeit on my part) has rather turned me off ".C" files; I
use ".cc" in my own projects these days, fwiw.  I think as a general
rule one should avoid upper case in filename suffixes, for this kind of
reason.

Dave