On 02/25/2015 12:56 AM, Ilya Enkovich wrote:

Poking around, I see that the -fcheck-pointer-bounds and various -fchkp-*
options are listed in c-family/c.opt, but they are not listed in the GCC
manual.  The section on intrinsics is not enough, by itself, to tell users
how to use this feature.  Can we please try to get in the documentation for
the options that have been implemented so far?  That's a requirement of the
GCC coding conventions.

I see Joseph already brought up the issue of missing documentation back in
November:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-11/msg01566.html

But I cannot find any proposed documentation patch for these options either.

Here it is: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-11/msg03010.html

From that thread, it looks like Jeff Law already approved the code changes in the patch. Were you waiting for a documentation maintainer to approve the new documentation before committing it? I can see that it needs copy-editing and am willing to help with that, but I'd rather not mix that up in the same patch with code changes I don't know how to test. Or were the bundled code changes withdrawn for some reason? I think it's important that the already-committed new command-line options be documented, so we need to separate that out if necessary and get it checked in.

-Sandra