On 19 July 2016 at 11:04, Richard Biener <richard.guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On July 18, 2016 11:05:58 PM GMT+02:00, David Malcolm <dmalc...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>On Tue, 2016-07-19 at 00:52 +0530, Prasad Ghangal wrote:

>>> Yes, I was also expecting that. For syntax like 'a.b' (ie name.name)
>>> it gives proper 3 tokens but for syntax like 'a.1' it produces only
>>> 2.
>>>
>>> This is what I observed while debugging "int a.1;"
>>>
>>> (gdb) print *c_parser_peek_nth_token (parser, 1)
>>> $3 = {type = CPP_KEYWORD, id_kind = C_ID_NONE, keyword = RID_INT,
>>>   pragma_kind = PRAGMA_NONE, location = 242114, value =
>>> 0x7ffff65c82d0}
>>> (gdb) print *c_parser_peek_nth_token (parser, 2)
>>> $4 = {type = CPP_NAME, id_kind = C_ID_ID, keyword = RID_MAX,
>>>   pragma_kind = PRAGMA_NONE, location = 242240, value =
>>> 0x7ffff66d0b90}
>>> (gdb) print *c_parser_peek_nth_token (parser, 3)
>>> $5 = {type = CPP_NUMBER, id_kind = C_ID_NONE, keyword = RID_MAX,
>>>   pragma_kind = PRAGMA_NONE, location = 242273, value =
>>> 0x7ffff66e0030}
>>
>>What is the number?  I'm wondering if it's somehow been lexed as a
>>decimal ".1" i.e. if the "." is somehow being treated as part of the
>>CPP_NUMBER.

Yes, the token '.1' is treated as CPP_NUMBER

> Ah, possible...
>
>>FWIW, I find hacking in calls to "inform" very useful for seeing what
>>each token is (assuming that caret printing isn't disabled).
>>
>>  (gdb) call inform ($3->location, "")
>>  (gdb) call inform ($4->location, "")
>>  (gdb) call inform ($5
>>->location, "")
>>
>>etc
>>
>>BTW, does it have to be '.' as the SSA_NAME separator?  Could it be a
>>different character e.g. '@' or something else that's non-legal in C?
>
> It doesn't have to be '.', but sth visually not too disturbing would be nice.
>  If we don't go with '.' We can as well try to parse the SSA version from
> i_1, leaving the ambiguity with it being a valid C identifier.

As special characters are not valid in C, I am using 'a..1' as syntax
for ssa name. For parsing I am using
+      lhs.value = make_ssa_name_fn (cfun,
+                                   lookup_name (c_parser_peek_token
(parser)->value),
+                                   NULL);
Now for passing ssa name into __PHI, how can we lookup for particular ssa name.
Or is there other better method to do it?