On Aug 2, 2017, at 10:34 PM, Daniel Santos <daniel.san...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a patch to modify the testsuite to obey the
> --load-average value if one is passed to make.

The code seems like a reasonable approach.  Love to see numbers and test
scenarios so that others can tell if you've covered their use case.  -j 100 is
different from -j 4.  People can help chip in numbers, if they have senarios
that are less represented.

I don't usually share or use -l, so I don't think I can help test it.  I do
wonder if it might be better to use a higher -j (I use -j somewhere between 24
and 50) and use a load limit, even in my situation.

The only concern would be that of portability.  Seems reasonable to let it in
and fix up any issues found after the fact.  I like how you ensure low impact
when -l isn't used.

Minor nit, tollerance -> tolerance.