On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Richard Biener
<richard.guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Martin Liška <mli...@suse.cz> wrote:

>>> Not to mention the numerous wrong-code bugs. IMHO graphite should
>>> deprecated as soon as possible.
>>>

>> For wrong-code bugs we've got and I recently went through, I fully agree
>> with this
>> approach and I would do it for GCC 8. There are PRs where order of simple 2
>> loops
>> is changed, causing wrong-code as there's a data dependence.
>>
>> Moreover, I know that Bin was thinking about selection whether to use
>> classical loop
>> optimizations or Graphite (depending on options provided). This would
>> simplify it ;)
>
> I don't think removing graphite is warranted, I still think it is the
> approach to use when
> handling non-perfect nests.
Hi,
IMHO, we should not be in a hurry to remove graphite, though we are
introducing some traditional transformations.  It's a quite standalone
part in GCC and supports more transformations.  Also as it gets more
attention, never know if somebody will find time to work on it.

Thanks,
bin