On Wed, 6 Dec 2017, Thomas Preudhomme wrote:

> == problem ==
>
> I'm not sure where is the proper place to fix this. Obviously setting
> CC_FOR_TARGET in contrib/test_installed or when calling runtest manually would
> work but I wonder if this would not be better fixed somewhere else? The rest
> of the testsuite seems happy with using GCC_UNDER_TEST, so surely testglue
> should be using the same thing? Should this be done in wrapper.exp? If yes,
> should we set *_FOR_TARGET? I don't see a way to pass ^compiler to
> build_wrapper's $flag variable.

One possibility is something along the lines of

set_board_info compiler "[find_gcc]"

or

set_board_info compiler $CC
set_board_info c++compiler $CXX

in your board file (and site.exp setting CC, CXX etc.).  I believe the
thus-specified compiler will also be used for e.g. GDB testing.

(I'd also expect the compiler being tested to be in the PATH when doing
installed testing.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com