On 24/01/18 20:20, David Malcolm wrote:

> I've added a new feature to jamais-vu (as of
> 77849e2809ca9a049d5683571e27ebe190977fa8): it can now ignore test
> results that merely changed line number.
>
> For example, if the old .sum file has a:
>
>   PASS: g++.dg/diagnostic/param-type-mismatch.C  -std=gnu++11  (test for
> errors, line 106)
>
> and the new .sum file has a:
>
>   PASS: g++.dg/diagnostic/param-type-mismatch.C  -std=gnu++11  (test for
> errors, line 103)
>
> and diffing the source trees reveals that line 106 became line 103, the
> change won't be reported by "jv compare".
>
> It also does it for dg-{begin|end}-multiline-output.
>
> It will report them if the outcome changed (e.g. from PASS to FAIL).
>
> To do this filtering, jv needs access to the old and new source trees,
> so it can diff the pertinent source files, so "jv compare" has gained
> the optional arguments
>   --old-source-path=
> and
>   --new-source-path=
> See the example in the jv Makefile for more info.  If they're not
> present, it should work as before (without being able to do the above
> filtering).
>
> Is this something that the buildbot can use?

Hi David,

Thanks for the amazing improvements.
I will take a look at them on Monday. I have a lot of work at the moment
so I decided to take 1/5 of my week (usually Monday) to work on buildbot
so I will definitely get it integrated on Monday and hopefully have
something to say afterwards.

Thanks for keeping me up-to-date with these changes.

--
Paulo Matos