Hi list

I'm playing with -static-pie and musl, which seems to be in good shape
for 8.0.0. Nice work :)

However, the fact that "gcc -static -pie" and "gcc -static-pie"
produce different results is very unexpected. I understand the case
for the new link-type, but merging the options when possible would be
a huge benefit to existing buildsystems that already cope with both
individually.

My use-case:
I'd like to build with --enable-default-pie, and by adding "-static"
to my builds, produce static-pie binaries. But at the moment, that
attempts to add an interp section.

So my question is, if no conflicting options are found, why not hoist
"-static -pie" to "-static-pie" ?

Regards,
Cory