On Tue, 6 Feb 2018, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> Well, if I add -std=c99 or -std=c11, the failure disappears. The
> reason is that GCC generates a FMA (indeed, this new machine has
> a FMA), but this occurs across different C statements. So, maybe
> not a bug, but a bad feature, IMHO.

Use -ffp-contract=off to disable all contraction, or -ffp-contract=on to
disable it between statements (which currently actually disables all
contraction, as the FMA generation doesn't know what was originally a
single source expression).  The default in the absence of such -std
options is -ffp-contract=fast (allowing contraction including between
different statements).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com