On 7 February 2018 at 17:03, Simon Marchi <simon.mar...@polymtl.ca> wrote:
> On 2018-02-07 11:50, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

>>> But do struct/classes have mangled names?
>>

>> Yes.

Why would they not have a mangled name?

> Interesting.  What do they look like, and in what context do they appear?

Anywhere you need a name for linkage purposes, such as in a function
signature, or as a template argument of another type, or in the
std::type_info::name() for the type etc. etc.

$ g++ -o test.o -c -x c++ - <<< 'struct X {}; void f(X) {}
template<typename T> struct Y { }; void g(Y<X>) {}' && nm
--defined-only test.o
0000000000000000 T _Z1f1X
0000000000000007 T _Z1g1YI1XE

The mangled name for X is "X" and the mangled name for Y<X> is "YI1XE"
which includes the name "X".

This isn't really on-topic for solving the GDB type lookup problem though.