Hi,

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018, Andre Groenewald wrote:

> Hi GCC folks,
>
> I have implemented a function for LANG_HOOKS_HANDLE_OPTION for my toy
> language front end to handle options.
>
> The specific option is populated in lang.opt as fdemo-debug
>
> My lang-specs file has the following: {"@demo",  "demo1 %i
> %(cc1_options) %{!fsyntax-only:%(invoke_as)}", 0, 1, 0},
>
> Everything compiles and the front end gets invoked. GCC even suggest
> the correct the flag when mistyped, but my function
> demo_langhook_handle_option doesn't get invoked.
>
> What else do I need to implement to get this working.

Have you also implemented the LANG_HOOKS_OPTION_LANG_MASK hook?  That
selects which options for which languages are actually fed to the other
hook.  Your lang.opt needs to specify the language as well (say Foo), then
your lang_mask hook needs to include at least CL_Foo (a bit mask).  See
e.g. the simple implementation in brig and lto.

Ciao,
Michael.