On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Roman Popov <ripo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any progress on this problem?
>
> I'm not familiar with G++ , but I have little experience with LLVM.  I can
> try make LLVM emitting mangled names to DW_AT_name, instead of demangled
> ones.
> This way GDB can match DW_AT_name against RTTI. And for display it can
> call  abi::__cxa_demangle(name, NULL, NULL, &status), from #include
> <cxxabi.h>.
>
> Will it work?

Reading http://wiki.dwarfstd.org/index.php?title=Best_Practices:
the DW_AT_name attribute should contain the name of the corresponding
program object as it appears in the source code, without any
qualifiers such as namespaces, containing classes, or modules (see
Section 2.15). A consumer can easily reconstruct the fully-qualified
name from the DIE hierarchy. In general, the value of DW_AT_name
should be such that a fully-qualified name constructed from the
DW_AT_name attributes of the object and its containing objects will
uniquely represent that object in a form natural to the source
language.

So having the mangled symbol in DW_AT_name seems backwards and not the
point of it.

Thanks,
Andrew