> There's no address-sanitizer support for MIPS (in particular for
> O32) on trunk, at least not when building for
> mipsisa32r2el-linux-gnu and libsanitizer/configure.tgt seems
> to support that observation.  There's a set of patches "floating
> around", but the last sign of work-in-progress was more than
> four years ago, according to a well-known search engine.
>
> Is there something holding it up getting it into trunk gcc?
> Is it just that someone needs to go the last mile?
>
> I can do that.  I can even go two miles!  Maybe even a merge
> from compiler-rt and MIPS port hacking (to be merged post
> gcc-8-branch to trunk, I presume).
>
> I'm a little worried that the "patches floating around" have
> unclear copyright status, so I haven't looked at them yet.  I'd
> rather not re-do MIPS ASAN on the gcc-side from scratch, but if
> it comes to that, so be it.
>
> brgds, H-P

It is great to go the last mile. I had done the port  to
mipsel-linux-uclibc gcc for GCC 4.9/5.0/6.0.
Maybe I can give some help for you. Let's do the last mile.
To do this, I have some questions.
Should we port to the upstream LLVM first and port them back to GCC?
Maybe some GCC-only files should be targeted directly like gcc/config/ and
even configure.tgt.

Regards,
Jean