Hi,

On 14/01/19 15:35, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 03:15:05PM +0100, MCC CS wrote:
Thank you for the quick replies. I was inspired by
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2012-04/msg00223.html
but it seems, according to your comments, that was outdated.
So, I don't really see what would help you replacing the testsuite
framework, moreover, we have like 400k tests now and many of them
use simpler or more complicated tcl expressions in them, including almost
2.5MB of pure tcl code.  Replacing it with something different and
incompatible is lots of work, especially when all you want is work around a
bug in some broken OS.

I'm not an expert but certainly there are long standing issues with DejaGNU, well beyond perfornance, right? I remember Mark Mitchell doing some work in this area which, as far as I can remember, had nothing to do with performance per se. And, well, some of these issues are obvious to explain, like not being able to check for *duplicate* error messages. I remember briefly discussing this with Dodji in Manchester.

Just wanted to make sure this kind of public discussion isn't completely suppressed.

Paolo.