On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 08:34:57PM +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 13:56, N.M. Maclaren <n...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > So I think that there is a strong argument for such an option in gfortran,
> > irrespective of whether there is for gcc and g++.
>
> Then -Wall should enable them for Fortran.

I will as a Fortran contributor/maintainer oppose inclusion
of additional warnings under -Wall unless there is some
miraculous compelling reason to include them.  With my own
Fortran projects, I already need to add "-Wno-maybe-uninitialized
-Wno-conversion -Wno-integer-division" after -Wall, because
options are just too damn noisy.

In fact, I would be in favor of removing -Wall, as it is misnamed,
in favor of -Wlevel=0,1,2,3...  -Wlevel=0 default warnings.
-Wlevel=1 is equivalent to -Wall.  -Wlevel=2 is -Wall -Wextra
(and maybe -Wsurprising).

--
Steve