Last few days I’ve added my comments/patches into almost all modulo-scheduler PRs appeared in the last two years. Here I want to discuss five PRs. First of all, I have four patches which fix regressions, so technically I can ask about applying them right now on stage4. But we don’t have a maintainer in modulo-sched pass, so not sure about their fast approval.

Last one PR90040 is meta-bug I’ve created. It consolidates 5-6 other bugzilla PRs, which really are about the same issue. Unfortunately, I can’t solve that myself. Jakub, Honza, would you kindly help me and take a look at that PR to provide any suggestions you might have.

All my patches were successfully bootstrapped and regtested on x86_64. Also I’ve checked that in cross-compiler mode to s390, spu, aarch64, arm, ia64, ppc and ppc64 regtest shows no new regressions. The same testing was done with -fmodulo-sched enabled. Also the same testing was done with -fmodulo-sched -fmodulo-sched-allow-regmoves enabled. Moreover, all that was also done on 8 branch. No new issues introduced. So, since I’ve made really heavy testing,
IMO all 4 fixes can go into trunk and even 8 branch.

When development goes into stage1 and after somehow fixing PR90040 issue I will introduce updated patchset described here:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2017-02/msg01647.html
(the set is supported locally on all branches since 4.9 with making a lot of regtesting).

Regarding the modulo scheduling maintainership, if my patches look good, I'm happy to volunteer to maintain the code as I looked at the code a lot during recent years. Please let me know the steps I should do to make that happen.

Roman