Hi Umesh,

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 06:12:48PM +0530, Umesh Kalappa wrote:
> We are very new to Power abi and we are thinking to handle this case
> in loader  like  go through the  relocations like R_PPC64_REL24 and
> found symbol has the localentry ,then compute the delta (GEP - LEP )
> and patch the caller address like (sym.value - delta).

I wonder if you have found a bug in the compiler after all.  Most things
are supposed to work without the linker/loader having to do special
things; e.g. using the global entry point should always work, using the
local entry point is just an optimisation.

Please open a PR so we can investigate?

Segher