On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 05:20:31PM +0100, Jozef Lawrynowicz wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 10:09:32 +0200
> Richard Biener <richard.guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 3:26 PM Jozef Lawrynowicz <jozefl....@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I would appreciate if anyone can help me decide if:
> > > - It would be OK for the use of builtin macros such as __SIZE_TYPE__ to
> > > somehow
> > >   not trigger the "pedantic errors", and what a valid approach might look
> > > like
> >
> > I think that would be OK - note you could also modify your target board.
>
> I'm now realising that the most straightforward way to fix this issue will be
> to just modify the configuration of the DejaGNU target board, so that
> DEFAULT_CFLAGS is set there and declarations of DEFAULT_CFLAGS in the
> testsuite
> that would set -pedantic-errors are never used.

That is not a fix, that is sweeping the problem under the rug.

As a somewhat dirty hack I added

#if __MSP430X_LARGE__
#undef __SIZE_TYPE__
__extension__ typedef unsigned __int20 __SIZE_TYPE__;
#endif

to the start of the installed stddef.h, and that fixes the problem fine,
for correct programs that do not forget to include <stddef.h> (directly
or indirectly), anyway.

Segher