I'm looking at the sets of branches and tags resulting from a GCC
repository conversion with reposurgeon.

1. I see 227 branches (and one tag) with names like
cxx0x-concepts-branch-deleted-r131428-1 (this is out of 780 branches in
total in a conversion of GCC history as of a few days ago).  Can we tell
reposurgeon not to create such branches (and tags)?  I can't simply do
"branch /-deleted-r/ delete" because that command doesn't take a regular
expression.

2. gcc.lift has a series of "tag <something> delete" commands, generally
deleting tags that aren't official GCC releases or prereleases (many of
which were artifacts of how creating such tags was necessary to track
merges in the CVS and older SVN era).  But some such commands are
mysteriously failing to work.  For example I see

tag /ZLIB_/ delete
reposurgeon: no tags matching /ZLIB_/

but there are tags ZLIB_1_1_3, ZLIB_1_1_4, ZLIB_1_2_1, ZLIB_1_2_3 left
after the conversion.  This isn't just an issue with regular expressions;
I also see e.g.

tag apple/ppc-import-20040330 delete
reposurgeon: no tags matching apple/ppc-import-20040330

and again that tag exists after the conversion.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com