Unfortunately a family emergency has cropped up and I can’t respond directly to
the thread.  I’m also unlikely to be able to follow up on this discussion in
the next couple of days.

I proposed the timetable back after the Cauldron to make it clear that we were
serious about moving this release cycle.  However, the timetable was always a
bit imprecise and we’ve already moved the final switch over date by a couple of
weeks, so I don’t think slipping the decision date by a few days will impact
that cut over.

So my request is please don’t rush to a decision that we might come to regret.
For a halp’th of tar, and all that.

R.