On 14/01/2020 13:00, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 11:37, Georg-Johann Lay <a...@gjlay.de> wrote:

Am 14.01.20 um 12:34 schrieb Andreas Schwab:
On Jan 14 2020, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:

git clone --reference original-gcc ...

Don't use --reference.  It is too easy to lose work if you don't know
what you are doing.

Andreas.

Well, then it should not be proposed in git.html then?

It's a work in progress. I've already suggested that worktrees are a
better solution for people who want to work on multiple branches but
save disk space.

Worktrees are better, for most purposes, but they still have the same risks as reference repos.... "I don't need that old tree any more....."

Both are best left for the advanced tricks section.

Andrew