On 15/01/2020 16:30, Joseph Myers wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2020, Jason Merrill wrote:

On 1/15/20 9:56 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2020, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

Or, if that is not possible, disable gcc-cvs mail for vendor and private
branches altogether?

I think this is desirable.  gcc-cvs should only mail about changes to master
and release branches.

I thinks commit mails for changes to all branches are desirable (including
refs/heads/devel/ branches, including user and vendor branches) - but they
should only be for changes that are new to the repository.  Existing
practice in SVN was that all branches generated mails, we simply didn't
have so many branches.

How about separate email list(s) for the vendor and personal spaces? I do think changes there should be visible, but perhaps fewer folk will be interested in tracking them at the same level.

R.