On Montag, 20. Januar 2020 20:26:46 CET Nicholas Krause wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> Unfortunately due to me being rather busy with school and other things I
> will not be able to post my article to the wiki for awhile. However
> there is a  rough draft here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1po_RRgSCtRyYgMHjV0itW8iOzJXpTdHYIpC9gUMj
> Oxk/edit that may change a little for people to read in the meantime.

This comment might not be suited for your project, but now that I think about
it: If we want to improve gcc toolchain buildspeed with better multithreading.
I think the most sensible would be fixing up gold multithreading and enabling
it by default. We already get most of the benefits of multicore architectures
by running multiple compile jobs in parallel (yes, I know you are focusing on
cases where that for some reason doesn't work, but it is still the case in
most situations). The main bottleneck is linking. The code is even already
there in gold and have been for years, it just haven't been deemed ready for
being enabled by default.

Is anyone even working on that?

Best regards
Allan