On 2020-03-24, H.J. Lu via Binutils wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:02 AM Gunther Nikl <gn...@justmail.de> wrote:

Dear GCC developers!

I just noticed that the server migration for GCC and sourceware.org
brought a surprising change: The list archives are now provided with
mailman. Maybe its only me, but IMO with this change the list archives

Same here.  I like the old ones.  I prefer

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/

over

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/

Same here.

It is really difficult for a non-subscriber to comment now.
There are no To: or Cc: fields on Pipermail.

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils
The whole month's worth of emails are available in the "Gzip'd Text" file,
but downloading/copying to a maildir/mbox/neomutt => is a lot of plain.

The new archive succeeded to persuade me to subscribe
binut...@sourceware.org

BTW, Mailman 3 uses HyperKitty instead of Pipermail.

loose much usability. Eg. the old date sorting had the date as a
heading. This allowed to easily find a certain day. With mailman there
is no link to the raw text. I have used this several times to
participate in a discussion. For me as user the mailman interface feels
limited.

The changes to the SSL configuration last year were also a rather nasty
surprise for me. I wonder why it was necessary to disable TLSv1
completely. I can understand that weak ciphers get disabled. There are
probably some ciphers for TLSv1 that could still be allowed thus
letting older browsers access gcc.gnu.org/soureware.org.

Regards,
Gunther Nikl