On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 06:46:54PM +0000, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
>I think being software developers we are in this comfortable position
>that we can actually make changes to software ourselves if we find
>problems or usability issues...
>
>For example I found it useful on a couple of occasions to be able to
>retrieve the original message verbatim from the archive, when the
>message didn't reach my mailbox for one reason or another.  That might
>be via a web page, or better yet a list server command.  If the new
>archiver is missing this feature, then I think the way to move forward
>is to propose a change to add it to the archiver, which would solve the
>actual problem on one hand while keeping the life of our volunteer IT
>people easy enough on the other.

I know you said "if" but you *can* download all of the mbox-formatted
email for a given period using mailman archiver.  It's a standard
feature that has been discussed, I think, in this thread.  It may not be
as convenient as the download raw text hack that was added to the old
archiver but it is usable - especially if you're a software developer.

cgf