On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 10:29:58PM +0200, Bernd Edlinger wrote:
>PS: I have a discovered a very serious problem with the mailing lists
>that must be fixed by our overseers.
>
>As an example please look at this one:
>https://marc.info/?l=gdb-patches&m=158571308379946&w=2
>
>you see this:

sourceware.org has been in operation for 20+ years.  There's lots of
stuff relying on it so it isn't going anywhere.  And, the patch is going
to be in lots of inboxes.  And, if sourceware.org goes down then the
main gdb and gcc source code repositories will also be unavailable.
But, of course, there will be hundreds of copies of that too.

But, then, none of that matters since the "scrubbing" means that the
patch is not offered inline in the *sourceware archives*.  You still see
the patch in your inbox.  So, as Joseph Myers noted, it's a mystery why
marc.info is reporting that.

If you want another source for your patch you can find it here:

http://sourceware-org.1504.n7.nabble.com/PATCH-0-2-Line-table-is-stmt-support-td613080i20.html#a619775

It also has a download link but it's from nabble.com.  So, you can rest
easy knowing that there is more than one place for people to find your
patch if sourceware.org goes down.