Am 26.05.20 um 11:04 schrieb Thomas Koenig via Gcc:
Am 26.05.20 um 00:48 schrieb Jakub Jelinek via Gcc:

I've turned the strict mode of Martin Liška's hook changes,

This means that it is no longer possible to do a git gcc-backport

[CC'ing fortran to warn other people against currently trying
backports]

... and now I've tried to revert the ChangeLog files manually,
pulled again, tried to push again, and got

remote: *** ChangeLog format failed:
remote: ERR: ChangeLog, DATESTAMP, BASE-VER and DEV-PHASE updates should be done separately from normal commits
remote:
remote: Please see: https://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html#ChangeLogs
remote:
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/releases/gcc-10
To git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
! [remote rejected] releases/gcc-10 -> releases/gcc-10 (hook declined) error: Fehler beim Versenden einiger Referenzen nach 'git+ssh://tkoe...@gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git'

So, I am in the quite familiar situation of a somehow inconsistent
state of git that I have no idea how to get out of.

So, two questions:

- How do I get my gcc-10 branch back into a consistent state?

- How are backports supposed to be handled using the new scripts?

Regards

        Thomas