Hey.

Some of you may know Honza's images about CPU utilization and memory usage
when using LTO [1]. Last week I played with Chromium and Firefox and I wanted
to visualize their utilization. That's why I came up with a new script [2].

You can easily wrap a command and the script generates graphs for you:.
The script uses modern psutil library and plots through a great matplotlib:
$ usage-wrapper.py -v -t postgresql 'make -j16'
$ eog usage.svg

There's a gallery of the collected reports for Firefox and Chromium:
https://gist.github.com/marxin/223890df4d8d8e490b6b2918b77dacad

and yes, we have a LTO regression since GCC 9 that I'm going to take closer to.

Martin

[1]
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fvrkYSMBqug/XMsTqg4HEkI/AAAAAAAAGl8/8sp1GWv6Oe8tfBfL6aO8Nbq5j3hExurpwCEwYBhgL/s1600/llvm.png
[2] https://github.com/marxin/script-misc/blob/master/usage-wrapper.py