On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 7:36 AM Jakub Jelinek <ja...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > The fall through comment was polluted with a colon that I hadn't noticed,
> > as in:
> >
> >     /* FALLTHROUGH: */
> >
> > and your fall through regex doesn't allow for that.
> > I'd add a colon to the space, tab and '!' that the regex accepts.
>
> I think it is a bad idea to change the regexps, it has been done that way
> for quite a while and many people could rely on what exactly is and is not
> handled.

That is your call. I've never used the colon myself, but my friend did
in this example. Unfortunately, I don't get to pick what compiler
options folks like to pick for building my code, so I cannot choose
the fallthrough level of 2.

Anyway, the error message ought to include enough information that
folks can fix it without having to resort to multiple Google searches
and reading discussions. (Just mention "// fall through" in the
message.)

> There is always the option to use attributes or builtins...

Not if you're writing code for multiple platforms. :(

Thank you. Regards, Bruce