Iain Sandoe via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

Jakub Jelinek via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 08:56:25PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
 Darwin: Darwin 20 is to be macOS 11 (Big Sur).
So, I'm afraid it must fail or bypass this code path somewhere earlier
in the hooks.

Is that maybe already known to the repo when it is on some rebased user branch?

I don't think so.

That commit was only present on a local branch, so not “known” to the repo, for sure.

I think I'll work with Martin early next week to think about further spots
to add logging, so we narrow down where it is still called and where it
isn't.
But we really don't have a reliable reproducer, commit this and it won't
show up.

Here’s another one ;

r11-4824-g49393e266a2570cb6227777acd4674f922c8a26b

In this case:
1) the commit message seems simple - no quotes, paretheses or other such characters.
2) there were no other commits close in time to this.

(I don’t know if the server itself was busy or something of that nature, of course)

Iain