Hi,

On Tue, 2020-11-24 at 08:50 +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 8:45 AM Jakub Jelinek <ja...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > I agree with Richard and I'd lean towards -gdwarf32/-gdwarf64, even
> > when DWARF 32 is released in 81 years from now or how many, it would
> > use -gdwarf-32.
>
> Works for me.  Let's go with -gdwarf32/64.

I don't have a strong opinion, so if that is the consensus, lets go
with that. The only open question (which I wanted to avoid by picking
-f...) is whether it enables generating debuginfo as is normal when
using any -goption, or whether you need another -goption to explicitly
turn on debuginfo generation when using -gdwarf32/64? My preference
would be that any option starting with -g enables debuginfo generation
and no additional -g is needed to keep things consistent.

Cheers,

Mark