On 3/31/2021 5:11 PM, Giacomo Tesio wrote:

10 out of 13 members of the GCC steering committee work either for
American corporations (8), their subsidiaries (1) or an American
University (1) recently covered by the press in India [3].
Also, 4 of these work for the same corporation (IBM / Red Hat).

Actually, it's just 3 working for IBM/Red Hat.  My affiliation changed earlier this month.  I've updated the page appropriately.

The other 3 are from German GmbH (2) or from a Nederlands public agency.

To me, and to billions of people, this shows a huge cultural bias.

It's more historical than anything.  The majority of members on the committee were there since its inception back in the late 90s.  We are looking at how to increase diversity on the committee, but that's a separate and distinct issue from removal of RMS.

Jeff